Covid-19 Publication date : September 15, 2021
Jean-Philippe Derenne is head of the department of pneumology at the Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital.
François Bricaire is head of the department of infectious diseases at the Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital.
- This is the first time in history that the entire world is working on the same subject, seeking and assessing treatments for Covid-19.
- This book brings together all that we currently know about Covid-19.
- All that we know about the plasticity of this virus, which is constantly mutating and changing, which makes it completely unpredictable. Even in countries where the crisis was believed to be over (China, Iceland, Slovakia, etc.), new cases are emerging.
- mRNA technology, discovered by François Jacob, has for the first time enabled a vaccine to be developed in 6 weeks. This has engendered cautious optimism, because it means that we will be capable of developing vaccines against all variants in 18 months.
- What will the future hold?